Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Our weekend (June 21-22)

Last weekend was very busy for us-  Daddy was in a wedding!

Friday night we all went to rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Blair did so good!  She didn't make a sound the whole time.  We sat in the back of the church  during rehearsal and she just took it all in and got lots of attention when the bridal party was practicing the entrance and exit.

After rehearsal we all headed to dinner.  It was about a 20 minute drive and she slept on the way there.  When we entered the restaurant we found our table and sat down and got Blair out of her car seat...again not a sound out of her.  She took it all in and was passed between Jeff & Myself and a couple friends.  We were out way past her bedtime and she did go good!

Saturday Jeff had to be at the church early, so Blair and I hung out at home and went shoe shopping.  I got myself 2 pairs of shoes and I got Blair her first pair of Toms-look a likes. 
They are the cutest albeit still big on her, but she'll grow into them. 
When it was time for the wedding my parents came to our house and stayed with her because the wedding was adult-only.  I am so thankful for having my parents take care of Blair that evening.  She is lucky to have both sets of grandparents close.  It was nice for Jeff & I go have an evening to ourselves, but I missed her terribly.  We had a great time with all of our friends that were there.

Sunday was another busy day- Jeff had to return his tux, so him and "Uncle" Tim went to Bloomington to do that while Blair, "Aunt Lindsay," and I attended Baby Koeller's baby shower.  We had fun and Blair was adored by everyone again!

Sunday evening, I finished up some crafty projects and we canned Green Beans. 
We put up 8 pints and 2 quarts with just half of the first picking.  We are looking forward to putting away lots of veggies for the winter and being able to enjoy our garden throughout the year.

Needless to say, we were all really tired by the time Sunday night rolled around and all slept well!

No comments:

Post a Comment