Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 3: My Life in 5 years

5 years from now....I have to think about where I was 5 years ago and then get a sense of how much can change in just 5 short years ago.

5 years ago- 2008.


5 years from now- 2018.  That's hard to even type.  Ever since Blair was born, I have learned to enjoy the moment and not wish away time.  She is changing so much that I hate thinking about what it will be in another 5 months, let alone 5 years.





5 years from now I'd like to of course be more finiacially set.  Student loans have made me learn to budget so I can get them paid off sooner.

We'd (Jeff & I) like to have a house in the country- back to our roots.  We will have cows, chickens, and pigs and raise our kids like we were raised.  Ideally, I'd envision us living close to the family farm and helping when needed and raising our kids to know what hard work is and to appreciate the work others do for you.  We will have a big garden and each year can our produce just like we did growing up.

In 5 years, we'd like to have at least one more baby.  More than one would be great, but at least one more.

I'd like to find a career, not just a job.  I want to pour my heart and soul into something that I Love.  I have some ideas floating around, but those will be put out public later.

I'd will be able to say that I have proudly been married for 8 years.

I will dedicate time to family and focus on those that are most important to me.  Cleaning the house, folding the laundry can wait.

I will look back on all of the family time and know that I loved them as much as I could.

I will have talked to Blair about her grandpa Wayne, Grandpa Phil, and Grandma Bonnie, and she will know who they are, even though she never will have met them.

I will know that Jeff is my rock and my partner though everything.

I will have ran at least 1 5k- yes I say this now, but I"m giving myself 5 years to accomplish it- I'm not a runner at all.

I will have friends that will be friends for a lifetime and my children will know them as Auntie or Uncle.

Jeff & I will have a stronger marriage and continue to work at it each and every day.

I have so many others things that I'd like to see myself do in the next 5 years, but I could write them all day.  In 5 years I will say I have loved the last 5 and look forward to the next 5.

Linking up with From Mrs to Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment