Thursday, July 11, 2013

Try It Out Tuesday: Shrimp Salad

Edit:  This was scheduled to go live on Tuesday and it didn't!  UGH!!!!  So here's Try It Out Tuesday on Thursday :(

A few weeks ago a co-worker was talking about a recipe she saw on Food Network: Shrimp Salad.  She started telling about it and I decided we could try it for dinner.  I went online to find the recipe and then of course made my own modifications :)


Ingredients:
1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
3 celery stalks, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Dash onion salt
Salt and pepper
Seasoning salt
Celery salt
8 slices your choice bread, toasted
Lettuce and tomato slices, optional



Directions
Place shrimp in a food processor and pulse until finely minced. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and add eggs, celery, and mayonnaise; mix well. Add seasonings, to taste, and stir to combine. Spread additional mayonnaise on both sides of bread. Heap shrimp salad onto bread and then cut sandwiches in half. Serve with lettuce and tomato, if desired.

Source

It was VERY easy to make, and it made the list of make it again at our house.  My changes- I used 2 eggs, and minced fresh onion.   I just used a bag of store bought frozen shrimp, thawed them and rough chopped it.  The chunks of shrimp were good in my opinion. Jeff thought it was good but he said next time he'd try it with some cheese.

I served these sandwiches on crispy bread, but didn't toast it just warmed it a little bit.



Forgive the quality- it was a quick snapshot before I put away leftovers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment