Monday, July 8, 2013

52 Weeks of Blogging- Week 4

Week 4 with Becky
My Biggest Weakness .......

is Chocolate :)

No in reality, my biggest weakness is security in myself.  For as long as I can remember I was alway the girl who kind of hid in the back not wanting all of the attention on me.  IN high school things got better, and I didn’t mind if there was attention on me.  When I was in Junior High- I was fat- no joke.  I was the 5’ tall girl that weighed 180+lb..  I was very self conscious and didn’t like the way I looked or the clothes that I had to wear.  I wore clothes I hide myself and felt better doing that.

I don’t really know what clicked in high school, but I will say that started competitive powerlifting helped me.  When I was lifting, I wasn’t just another guy on the team,  I was a girl, and I was strong, and I was doing really well.   Powerlifting brought attention to me that I never thought I would have.  I guess when you finish in the top 5 in the nation 3 years in a row that will happen.  Local newspapers had articles about me, I had trophy’s hanging on the walls, and I was proud of myself.  For once in my life, I was very proud of all that I had accomplished.


Heading to college my insecurities came back- would I meet new friends, would I fit in, did I make the right college choice?  I quickly learned, I did make new friends, I did fit in, but I did not make the right college choice.  I made a move back home and figured my life out.

Being in college helped me to grow as a person and the growing I did was helpful in overcoming my insecurities.  I felt like I was finally secure in my body and knew who I really was as a person.

Things have continued to get better.  I will have my days that I am very insecure in myself, but I work through them.  I try to overcome my weaknesses and strive to be the best person I can be.

My wish is for Blair in this very judgmental world that she can be proud of herself and strong in her dreams.  It’s a tough tough world out there but I am going to do my best to raise a strong girl with an even stronger sense of self-worth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment