Saturday, February 11, 2012

Our Love Story

Our Love Story: Q & A


I saw this little quiz on Blue Eyed Bride's page from Mrs to Mama and thought it looked like fun!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?  We started dating on January 1, 2004 so we have been together for 8 years.

2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}  We met in October of 2000 while both on FFA trips for our schools.  His school was an hour from ours in Illinois, but we met at the National Convention because we were staying at the same hotel.  We met the first night we were there and basically just hung out as friends and exchanged e-mail addresses and began chatting online.  Yes, chatting, when that was popular :)
Us before my senior prom May 2004

3. If married, how long have you been married?
We have been married 1 1/2 years


4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We were married at Jeff's church with a big wedding.  We had around 270 guests and had the wedding we have always wanted, we were surrounded by our closest friends and family!



5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Jeff calls me Wife, I call him hun

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
His love for me, his work ethic, and his ability to listen.

7. Tell us how he proposed?
We went to a Chicago Cubs game, my first one ever.  Before the game I was asking him where my jersey was, because I knew he had gotten me a jersey to wear.  At first he told me that he forgot it at home, but then I asked again, and he said let me look at see if I have it.  He went to his cousins backpack and pulled out the jersey.  I went to put it on and he said wait I think I left the tags on it.  So I pulled the tags off and went to put it on again.  He said wait it looks like there is something on the back you might want to look.  So, I unfolded it and look at the back and realized it said "Mrs. Iverson"!!!  I was in shock.  At that point he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Neither, we don't celebrate Valentine's day really.  It's just another day to us.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I love sunset dinner on the beach, but living in Illinois we don't do that much.  But we do pop in a movie and relax on the couch a lot!

Honeymoon in Negril, Jamaica

10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I would love to travel to Europe.  Someday.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day.
Nothing special, dinner at home and probably watching TV.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?
No- I told him I didn't want anything and I wasn't getting him anything.  His response was when do I ever get you anything for Valentine's Day?!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communication is key!  I have learned over the last 8 years not talking makes things much harder on both of you.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you

No comments:

Post a Comment