Here is the recipe
- 1/3 cup grated onion, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered ( I just used canned mushrooms)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1. Combine 1/4 cup onion, pepper, salt, garlic, and beef. Shape into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
2. Melt butter in pan. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in wine and remaining onion; cook 2 minutes. Combine broth and flour; add to pan, and bring to a boil.
Cook 5 minutes or until thick. Add patties and vinegar to pan; cook 2 minutes.
The finished product with green beans and mashed potatoes.
Jeff & I Both liked it so this will now be in a cookbook and be put to good use!