Wednesday, August 14, 2013

...

Because I'm in one of those moods....

I'm starting to think that we are one of the few families in today's times that take the time to have a family dinner. I have overheard people lately saying well we all have different schedules so we just eat when we can. In my family growing up we all sat at the table and had dinner together. Grated there were nights that we were all going indifferent directions but that was maybe 1 or 2 times every few weeks. I think it is becoming more and more mainstream for families to become disconnected with electronics involved as well as busy schedules. We are in a work of too many commitments not enough family time in my opinion.

 I will say I am a very old school type of person. Families sit and eat dinner together, the tv doesn't need to be on all of the time,  when Blair is old enough we will be outside playing or doing something not sitting inside entertained by the tv or computer.

Do I think kids have cell phones way to young ?  Absolutely. It's all part of the social stigma. I see no reason for an 8 year old to have a cell phone. I know I will get grief for it but at 8 years old why in the world do they need one?  Tell me it's so they can reach their parents whenever- if you are brave enough to send your 8 year old out in the crazy world where you can't get in contact with someone supervising them then I have more opinions of you than you will care to hear.

Today's rant...maybe more late because it's been one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment