Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday!

It's no secret that I love me some Dr. Seuss!  And tolday is his birthday, well would be his birthday.  In honor of his special day he gets a post.  I say it's no secret that Dr. Seuss is one of my favorites because our minister even incorporated Dr. Seuss into our wedding ceremony!  When I heard it I was so happy :)

Here is a portion of the sermon our minister created:

I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
An elephant's faithful: one hundred percent.
So thank God for Jesus, so patient and kind,
who gives us the love that in each other we find.
So you see, it is not the brains in their head, nor the feet in their shoes,
that causes the Grinch or Horton to move.
It is the love that God places way deep down in the heart,
the same love that God gives you to make your big start.
It is a love from above, the gift our God sends,
a gift meant to share because love never ends.
Paul wrote to Corinth of a gift with no end,
this sermon however is over - Amen!
 
Our minister used some quotes from Dr. Seuss books and added biblical wording in as well.  It was very fitting to us and was extra special.  He realized my love of Dr. Seuss from the quote I send on all of my emails
 
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. "- Dr. Seuss
 
I love the meaning in Dr. Seuss books as well as the inspiration in his words.  My favorite book by far is- "Oh the places You'll Go"  I even got this book for my high school graduation.  The meaning in the book is great for littles and adults. 
 
I can't wait to one day have a child to buy all of the books and read to them and pass on my love for Dr. Seuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment